It is less expensive to do things right, than to have them done cheaply and Have to do them over!
We don't do "quick fixes" because "quick fixes don't last" and we value our reputation. We do work by "quick start" within two weeks. All products used are Made in the USA. This is a full-service company which means we inspect and buy all materials and rent all tools to be used for your project without exception. We are not an "assemble products I've bought in advance online and from thrift store" type of company. Quality is OUR aim and pre-used products will not be used. The only item we used recycled are wooden timbers that are 100 years old on our custom tables, mantels and bookshelves.
- Most carpenters have palettes delivered "sight unseen" to the job site; this one hand picks all wood to be used before bringing it to your home, reducing return trips. He is fastidious about tools down to the screws and glue used because they determine the outcome achieved.
- Ninety percent of our carpentry projects range from $1500 to $25,000. If you are looking for fast and cheap, we are not for you. The bid we put together will be based on your budget and that means you must share it with us. For example: "We have $5,000 to spend on a divider for the porch. We don't want to see our neighbors sunbathing..." or "We want a pergola and have $15,000 to spend including landscaping, what can you do for that amount?" We do not plan blindfolded, without budget parameters and we do not give labor "guesstimates" over the phone.
- Everything starts with you and your spouse discussing and agreeing upon your budget. We ask that you sit down and use an online estimator, before calling us, to plan a reasonable budget. HOA rules are shared directly with homeowners not people you hire; learn what is allowable and not allowable. If you live in a "historic district, be particularly mindful. Not everything you want to do may be allowable; our contract will indicate YOU have obtained the required approval from any HOA or Historic Commission before we commence plans. If demolition is required, this adds to your total cost; you may require a dumpster, if the project is a large one.
- A signature from one spouse will be as if from both for the duration of the project, so it is imperative you have a like mindset about what is to be achieved! We will not act as a moderator.
- We price for what can be seen; if there are hidden issues under a floor, behind a wall, in the ceiling, your budget needs to allow for an increase in cost to accommodate these unknown, unknowable, and undisclosed findings.
- We are NOT a moving company; anything that should not be in the area to be worked on needs to be MOVED OUT a full day in advance. If items are not moved in advance and our start time is delayed, you will be charged $125/hr.
- Once tarps, saws, ladders and tools are plugged in and set up, consider the work area "off limits." We are OSHA certified and sticklers about safety. We leave your home as clean as we find it.
- Finally, all pets must be kept confined and away from the work zone at all times for their safety and ours!
What does "quick start" mean?
The NC lumber mill we use for premium grade lumber does not guarantee pricing or availability more than two weeks in advance.
Our bid is prepared for immediate start within two weeks and pricing in your bid will not be held beyond that point, since it may well increase from the mill. Availability and quantity may vary at the mill by season, as well.
We have three locations for our live edge slabs and reclaimed wood, all of which work on the two week pricing lock the mill.
Therefore, giving bids for projects 2 months out is not in your interest or ours.
We only give a bid on projects that are "quick start" so pricing is accurate when our bid is sent out.
Thank you for your understanding. The lumber at HD and Lowe's is often not up to our standards [ it arrives and is stacked bowed and cracked] so we are using primarily wood from local, quality lumber mills to get a better end result.